Action area: n° I.7: Materials for electronic devices. The actions cover the most important application areas in sectors related to the electronic and lighting industries for which CRM are a key component.
- Synergy actions within the AG general roadmap will be undertaken with the Photonics Public Private Partnership and the Graphene Flagship.
- International Cooperation: A detailed strategic plan of international cooperation will be developed in collaboration with the EU-Commission, targeting non-EU countries CRMs producers as identified in this AG.
- Global EU dimension along the entire value chain. A public technological platform coupled to an expansion action-plan will keep this EIP-AG open until involving the main EU actors in photoelectronic devices. Attention will be paid to producers, potential end-users, and SMEs. Specific actions of involvement will aim eastern EU industries.
- Research Milestones:
* Create a common state of the art document identifying the problem. Carry out a market survey and SWOT analysis of current related EU market and industry, focusing on actual CRMs technological use.
* Elaborate a roadmap and time-line actions for substitution of REE and In in electronic devices. Focus on (but not limited to) LED, and conductive panels, EU Commission priorities within SC5.
* Preliminary tests on focused technologies identified within the AG with potential industrial interest: Structural characterization, phase stability, optical and conductive properties, growth procedure/deposition feasibility.
Materials/technology substitution aims to strongly reduce and/or totally eliminate the cost connected to the importation of the CRMs while keeping efficiency and industrial scalability.
New tech. and materials proposed are non-toxic and environmental compatible with waste treatments.
- Coordination, meetings, networking events –. Workshops open to external stakeholders will be organized for each WPs.
- Dissemination: Outcomes will be presented in international conferences, web-pages and newsletters. Dedicated Web site and web platform to keep the Community updated and for fast exchange of information among the partners will be organized.
This Web Page Created with PageBreeze Free HTML Editor